Some symptoms of depression

Ways of treating depression

Just about everybody experiences ups and downs in their lives this can leave them unhappy, stressed in a low mood or depressed  this is a normal part of life. However  If these feelings don't go away after a few weeks and they  persist, then it may be time to get some help.

Clinical Hypnotherapy for

Dealing with

Depression &

Low mood in Preston

Tiredness and loss of energy, Sadness that doesn’t go away, Loss of self-confidence and self-steem,

difficulty concentrating, Not being able to enjoy things that are usually pleasurable or interesting,

Feeling anxious all the time, Avoiding other people, sometimes even your close friends, Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness, Sleeping problems, very strong feelings of guilt or worthlessness, Finding it hard to function at work/college/school, Loss of appetite, Physical aches and pains, can all be symptoms of depression if they persist for more than a few weeks.

Medication is one way to treat depression, drugs prescribed by a doctor such as  Anti depressants or sleeping pills, however medication treats the symptoms not the  underlying cause.

Counselling   is another way of dealing with depression an talking about your feelings, this will often help in the short term but it is also not dealing with the underlying cause.

Clinical Hypnotherapy/Cognitive behavioural therapy/Psychotherapy  Can often be used in conjunction with medication prescribed by your GP and helps  uncover and deal  with the underlying issues behind the depression. It  changes  negative thought patterns that depressions bring and gives new perspective and ways of looking at things, building confidence, relieving anxiety and feelings of hopelessness as well as helping with the symptoms.

Because negative thought patterns are in the subconscious mind and through hypnosis we can enter directly into the  subconscious it is extremely effective at alleviating negative thoughts which lead to depression. What all this means is that Usually, I can help

So please send me an e mail or give me a call.